What's Accessibility Insights for Windows?
Accessibility Insights for Windows helps developers find and fix accessibility issues in Windows apps. The tool supports three primary scenarios:
- Live Inspect allows developers to verify that an element in an app has the right UI Automation properties simply by hovering over the element or setting keyboard focus on it.
- Elements are displayed in the UIA Tree.
- Choose your view of the properties: properties relevant to the control type, all properties that have values, or custom.
- FastPass is a lightweight, two-step process that helps developers identify common, high-impact accessibility issues in less than five minutes.
- Automated checks - the tool automatically checks for compliance with more than 60 accessibility requirements.
- Tab stops test - the tool provides clear instructions and a visual helper that makes it easy to identify critical accessibility issues related to keyboard access, such as missing tab stops, keyboard traps, and incorrect tab order.
- Troubleshooting allows you to diagnose and fix specific accessibility issues:
- View the patterns supported by a control and invoke the associated UI methods to see whether an element responds correctly to user input.
- Record application events to verify that your app is generating the expected events.
- Use the built-in contrast checker to identify contrast issues and select colors that provide sufficient contrast.
Get started by watching a video:
Or read a tutorial:
Increase your productivity with Accessibility Insights for Windows's keyboard shortcuts.
With your consent, Accessibility Insights for Windows collects anonymized usage data and crash report information. You may opt out at any time by disabling it:
Accessibility Insights for Windows is open source on GitHub:
For additional help such as reporting issues and asking questions: