What's bug filing?
Accessibility Insights for Windows makes it easy to file bugs directly from automated check failures.
How to file bugs
Sign into your Azure DevOps account and team
Open Accessibility Insights for Windows.
Accessibility Insights will open to the Live Inspect view:
Go to Change settings.
The Settings view will open with the Application tab open:
Open the Connection tab.
The Connection tab will present a field for entering an Azure DevOps URL:
Enter the URL for your Azure DevOps account, then select Next. A list of teams associated with the selected account will appear:
Select your team.
The Save and close button will become enabled:
Select Save and close.
You'll return to the Live Inspect view:
Run automated checks
Open the application you want to test (aka the target application).
In the command bar, for What to select, choose Entire app.
Start the automated checks:
- Use a mouse:
- Hover your mouse over the target application window.
- Click the test beaker icon that appears in the upper right corner.
- Use these keyboard commands:
- Press Alt+Tab to switch to the target application window.
- Press Shift+F8.
A screenshot of the target app will open in a new window directly over the app, and individual failure instances will be highlighted in the screenshot. Failed rules and failure instances will also appear in Accessibility Insights for Windows in the Automated Checks tree grid.
- Use a mouse:
File a bug
In the Automated Checks tree grid, expand a rule:
- Use a mouse to click the rule.
Use these keyboard commands:
- Press the Tab key to navigate to the Automated checks tree grid.
- Press the Up and Down arrow keys to navigate to a rule.
- Press the Right arrow key to expand the rule.
When a rule is expanded, its failure instances are presented:
Select the New bug link associated with the failure instance you wish to file.
- Use a mouse to click the link.
- Press the Up and Down arrow keys to navigate to the failure instance.
- Press the Right arrow key to navigate to the New bug link.
- Press Enter to activate the link.
A New Bug Dialog will open, with information about the failure automatically entered:
- Modify the information in the New Bug Dialog (optional).
- Select the Save button. When you save the bug, a screenshot and test file will be added automatically.